Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

My stroller and I

I have a love/hate relationship with my stroller.

I spend more time with my stroller than I do with my husband - so it deserves a mention.

I first purchased my stroller in 2008 prior to the birth of Master 4.  Like any pregnant mama, I did a mountain of research as to which one was going to be right for me.  Was it safe and sturdy? Was it not too heavy? Was it narrow enough to fit through the checkouts? Did it fully recline? Could it fit two kids later on? Could I fit my shopping, my bag and the kitchen sink underneath it...just in case I might need to lug that around too?

We finally settled on a Phil&Teds.

Originally we had ordered the mid range model.  But about three weeks before my baby was due,  the stroller still hadn't arrived.  They called me to let me know it wasn't going to arrive until the end of October.  

Well - you just don't tell a 38 week pregnant first time mum that her stroller isn't going to arrive until three weeks after her baby is due.  Biiiiigggg mistake.

I let out a hormonal rant "I ordered this stroller over three months ago..."  "This is not good enough..." "My baby is due in three weeks, what am I going to do without a stroller, I can't exactly carry the baby everywhere...." (despite the fact I had been carrying the baby for the past eight and a half months - did I mention I was VERY pregnant). 

I felt sorry for the poor 16 year old (or so he sounded) guy on the other end.  Was it the store's idea of a joke to get the work experience boy to call all the pregnant ladies to deliver this news?  The joke was definitely on him.

"We are so sorry Mrs Jones...why don't we upgrade you to The Vibe" he said.

The Vibe was the top of the line model.  It cost well over $500 at the time.

Stopping mid rant, I said "Ummm....well yes, that would certainly be a good solution - thankyou so much" 

Score!

So, I have had the Phil&Teds Vibe since then.  I have loved this stroller most of the time. 

I love that it can fit two children in it using the same footprint as a normal stroller.  It will fully recline to allow a baby to sleep whilst still ensuring the toddler has somewhere to sit.  It is lightweight, easy to fold up and put down.  It is easy to manoeuvre and the break is on the top of the handle and is easy to use.

Except when it doesn't work properly, then it irritates me no end.  

My most recent issue with it involved the back tyres wearing out (again).  Since being in the USA, I have no car which means I walk everywhere and use my stroller all day everyday.  The tyres wore down to the tread within a month, so I bought new ones - these also wore down to the tread within a month. 

I sent in a warranty repair request to Phil & Teds to get the tyres replaced.  They responded within two business days - just like their website said they would - with this response "Hi Kelly, we are going to get a new frame, front wheel and rear wheels sent out to you to take care of this issue. Everything else from your current buggy will transfer over. Enjoy your buggy!"

Within 4 business days, the new frame, front wheel and rear wheels had all arrived.

I was wrapped with the customer service and with the outcome.  I just hope it means the end for my troubles with the tyres.

Thankyou Phil&Teds for helping me with this issue so efficiently and for being a reliable and customer focused company.  

Now my stroller is all fixed and working beautifully - I love it again.  In fact I think I should give it a name.  Any suggestions?  

So, would I buy another Phil&Teds.  Yes.

(BTW, I have not been endorsed by Phil&Teds to say anything in this post).

Does your stroller have a name? What do you love about your stroller/pram?  What irritates you?

No comments:

Post a Comment