Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mr Jones and Me: A decade of marriage

This week was our 10 year wedding anniversary.

What a milestone! One that should be represented by something much more significant than tin, don't you think?

Mr Jones and I got married relatively young in today's society.  I was 24 and he was 25.  We have been together since we were 18 - high school sweethearts. 

I cannot believe a decade has passed.

Over a big slab of Brie cheese and a fancy bottle of wine, we reminisced about our marriage and the big/favourite moments.  I asked my gorgeously analytical and detail focused husband to list his top 5.  This is the conversation that followed:

Me: "So babe, what would be your top 5 moments from the last 10 years as husband and wife?".

Mr Jones: "What do you mean by top 5?"

Me: "Well...our most memorable times together"

Mr Jones: "Do you mean like places we have visited or things we have done or achieved?"

Me: "All of the above"

Mr Jones: "Well, it kind of depends.  For example, I could say watching you walk down the aisle or just our whole wedding or our day at the Grand Cru wineries of France or just our whole London experience?" 

Me: "Should I go first...?"

Mr Jones: "Ok, good idea".

I love that I know all his idiosyncrasies and he knows mine. 

I love being married to my best friend.

I love having someone who knows me better than I even know myself.

I love working together towards shared dreams and goals.

I love that we complement each other completely.

I couldn't imagine my life without him and through the great times and challenging times we have always been on the same team.  I hope we continue to love and support one another for the rest of our lives.

Ok better stop before I get too soppy/make myself cry!

Just for the record, my top 5 were:
  • The birth of Master 4
  • The birth of Master 1
  • Our London experience
  • Our first house
  • Buying and selling our business
(we agreed that our actual wedding was a given and shouldn't be in the list - see what I mean by clarify! LOL!
_________________________________________

Image courtesy of www.stockfreeimages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment